Two associate provost finalists named before Monday’s forum

Nicole Ziege

Two of the four final candidate names for the associate provost for global learning and international affairs position have been announced.

Jennifer Engel will be the first finalist to visit campus and be interviewed on Monday, June 18. She is the current executive director of international programs at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, Illinois.

Francois Le Roy was announced as the second finalist and he will visit campus and be interviewed on Tuesday, June 19. Le Roy is the current executive director and senior international officer for the Center for Global Engagement and International Affairs at Northern Kentucky University.

Each finalist will visit campus and speak to the public during open forums from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in the Jody Richards Hall auditorium on their respective visit dates.

The names of the last two finalists, who will visit campus and will speak at open forums on June 25 and July 9, have not yet been announced. The names of each finalist will be released 24 hours prior to their respective campus visit dates.

Cheryl Stevens, dean of the Ogden College of Science and Engineering, and Gordon Johnson, vice president for information technology, initially announced the dates of the visits for the four candidates in an email to all faculty and staff on June 14.

“This is a strategic leadership position that will guide and broadly impact all WKU internationalization efforts,” Stevens and Johnson said in the email. “The search committee invites members of the WKU community to participate in the process and provide feedback through the search website.”

This is a developing story.

Nicole Ziege can be reached at 270-745-6011 and [email protected]. Follow Nicole Ziege on Twitter at @NicoleZiege.