Johnson, Thompson and Hollingsworth receive All-Conference honors

Forward Justin Johnson (23) drives to the hoop during senior night against Old Dominion on Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018 in E.A. Diddle Arena. Johnson scored his 34th career double-double with 19 points and 11 rebounds.

Jeremy Chisenhall

Seniors Justin Johnson and Darius Thompson have been named to a Conference USA All-Conference team, while freshman Taveion Hollingsworth made the All-Freshman team, the league announced Monday. 

Johnson made the All-Conference First Team, while Thompson earned Second Team honors. It’s the first time since the 2014-15 season that WKU has had multiple players make the All-Conference teams. 

Johnson averaged 14.8 points per game, a team-high, and 9.4 rebounds per game, which led the conference. He’s just 12 rebounds away from joining the 1,000-point, 1,000-rebound club.

Thompson led the Hilltoppers in 3-pointers made this season with 53. He played 1,114 minutes in the regular season, which ranks seventh in program history for a full season. 

Hollingsworth is the first Hilltopper to be named to the All-Freshman team since WKU joined C-USA. He’s fourth all-time in points in a season by a WKU freshman with 411. He started all 31 games this regular season and averaged 13.3 PPG. 

Sports Editor Jeremy Chisenhall can be reached at 270-745-6291 and [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter at @JSChisenhall.