Tashia and Ivy Brown, Raneem Elgedawy make All-Conference teams

Senior forward Tasha Brown shoots a free throw in the Lady Toppers game against Old Dominion on Feb. 8 at E.A. Diddle Arena. Brown led WKU with 23 points for a final score of 62-48.

Jeremy Chisenhall

Seniors Tashia Brown and Ivy Brown made were both named First Team All-Conference and All-Defense by the Conference USA league office Monday morning. Freshman forward Raneem Elgedawy also received honors by being named to the All-Freshman team. 

This is the fourth time that WKU women’s basketball has had multiple players receive First Team All-Conference honors since joining C-USA. No other school in C-USA history has done it more than once.

Tashia Brown was C-USA’s leading scorer in the regular season, averaging a conference-best 22.9 points per game. She also averaged 5.3 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game. She needs just six more points to tally 2,000 career points. 

Ivy Brown averaged 16.9 PPG this season, as well as 9.8 RG and 1.4 APG. She led C-USA with 15 double-doubles in the regular season. 

Elgedawy averaged 8.8 PPG and 7.3 RPG in her freshman campaign. She earned four Conference Freshman of the Week awards and led all C-USA freshmen in rebounding and field goal percentage. 

This is the second time that the Browns have each received First Team All-Conference honors. 

Sports Editor Jeremy Chisenhall can be reached at 270-745-6291 and [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter at @JSChisenhall.