Students and faculty mourn death of former professor Lloren Foster

Monica Kast

Lloren Foster, a former professor in the African American Studies Program, died Tuesday after having a heart attack, according to Foster’s son.

Eyon Alexander Biddle Sr., Foster’s son, posted on Facebook that Foster had died Tuesday “after suffering a massive heart attack.”

Black Leaders Advocating for the Community, or BLAC, confirmed the death of Foster on Tuesday night, posting on Facebook, 

BLAC is “a network of representatives from different areas of the community including churches, businesses, sororities, fraternities, civic groups, nonprofits, and educational institutions,” according to their Facebook page.

Foster formerly taught in the African American Studies Program within the department of diversity and community studies at WKU. Foster taught at WKU until 2015 and worked at the University of Florida until last September, according to The Independent Florida Alligator.

According to Biddle, Foster had recently accepted a new position as Chair of English and Modern Foreign Languages at Hampton University.

WKU and University of Florida students and faculty took to social media, mourning the death of Foster.

Sehmar Ghebreselasie tweeted:

WKU admissions counselor Kayla Lofton tweeted:

Reginald Lane, associate director of sorority and fraternity affairs at the University of Florida, remembered Foster on Facebook.

“My heart is with the family of Dr. Lloren Foster,” part of Lane’s post reads. “I think he taught us all something about what it meant to be Black in America. He dedication and commitment to black excellence will be missed.”

News editor Monica Kast can be reached at 270-745-6011 or [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter at @monica_kast.