Preliminary hearing held Friday for student charged with manslaughter

Monica Kast

A preliminary hearing was held on Friday for the WKU student who was charged with second-degree manslaughter of another student, according to WBKO.

Peter Gall, 21, was arrested Sunday, Sept. 3, after calling the Bowling Green Police Department to report that he had shot someone. Police arrived at the 1600 block of Kenton Street to find WKU student Kenneth “Alex” Davis, 21, bleeding on the floor, according to Gall’s arrest citation.

Gall’s attorney, Alan Simpson, told WBKO the shooting “was an accident, this was not an intentional shooting.” Simpson added that Gall and Davis were “roommates and very good friends, if not best friends.”

WBKO reported more details about what happened Sept. 3. Bowling Green Police Department Detective Melissa Wartack said Gall originally said he placed the gun on the couch, where it went off and struck Davis in the right hip. Later, according to Wartack, Gall said he poked Davis with the gun, causing it to go off.

Wartack said Davis and Gall were both intoxicated at the time of the shooting, WBKO reported.

Gall has been ordered to have no contact with family members of Davis. His case will be heard before a grand jury, although it is not known when. Gall’s bond is set at $100,000 cash bond, according to WBKO.

News editor Monica Kast can be reached at 270-745-6011 or [email protected].