It’s been a busy morning for WKU football, as new coach Jeff Brohm and his staff have been at the fax machines all day collecting Letters of Intent from Topper recruits. While Brohm and WKU will host a press conference at 3 p.m. to officially introduce the class, we’ll keep track of the incoming Topper players here as they’re announced.
– Dennis Edwards — offensive lineman, South Gwinnett (Ga.) High School, 6-1, 310 lbs.
– Nick True — tight end, Highland (Ky.) High School, 6-5, 255 lbs.
– Evan Sayner — defensive lineman, McCracken County (Ky.) High School, 6-3, 265 lbs.
– DeAndre Farris — athlete, Collins (Ky.) High School, 5-10, 180 lbs.
– Martavius Mims — defensive back, Muscle Shoals (Ala.) High School, 6-1, 180 lbs.
– Joe Brown — defensive back, Butler (Ky.) High School, 5-10, 180 lbs.
– Will Bush — wide receiver, Ballard (Ky.) High School, 5-11, 190 lbs.
“The first thing he’ll bring is speed… He’s got elite, Division I wide receiver speed, but nobody knows him and nobody saw it because he didn’t have a junior year, so Western stole him…I think Western is a great fit and what coach Brohm is doing down there is a great fit for Will.” -Ballard coach Mike Jackson.
– Derik Overstreet — defensive lineman, Paducah Tilghman (Ky.) High School), 6-2, 250 lbs.
“He has a very good work ethic. You won’t outwork him. He likes to win and he goes to the extent that he has to be able to help make that happen.” -Paducah Tilghman Athletics Director Dwayne Wall on Overstreet.
– Nacarius Fant — wide receiver, Bowling Green (Ky.) High School, 5-9, 170 lbs.
– Masai White — linebacker, Collins (Ky.) High School, 6-0, 210 lbs.
– Joel Iyiegbuniwe — linebacker, South Warren (Ky.) High School, 6-2, 210 lbs.
– Julien Lewis — defensive lineman, Bob Jones (Ala.) High School, 6-3, 270 lbs.
– Ryan Duvall — linebacker, Apollo (Ky.) High School, 6-5, 230
– D’Andre Ferby — running back, Ensworth (Tenn.) High School, 6-1, 240 lbs.
“He’s a big back, so he’ll bring power and speed to the offense… from what you all did last year, he will fit right in to that run scheme.” -Paul Wade, associate head coach at Ensworth.
– R.J. Scaife — offensive lineman, Pasco (Fla.) High School, 6-5, 265 lbs.