‘Gain as much experience as you can and soak up every moment’

It’s finally happening. Five years later, I am graduating. I have been having mixed emotions about it. I am excited to start this next chapter in my life, but also scared and overwhelmed. For the first time in my life, I do not have a plan. But hey, so many people are in my same boat, which is somewhat comforting. 

Being a Chicago native, Kentucky has been a huge change for me. Coming here, I didn’t know a soul. I had moved to a state where the majority of people came from one-stop light towns. Now I have grown to love the south and it has become my new home. 

Three of the five years I have spent on the hill, Student Publications has been my home away from home. I came to work there on a whim and never expected what was to come. If you told me three years ago, that when I started Student Publications, I would soon become the Editor-in-Chief of the Talisman, I would have laughed. But it happened. I took on a role that I used to think was above me.  Working for the Talisman has been one of my favorite parts of my college career. I have gained experience and great friendships along the way. I have gotten to be a part of documenting life on campus, and producing a beautiful book to hold it all together.  

WKU, along with Student Publications will always have a huge place in my heart. I hope you will have the same feeling when you eventually leave this place. Get involved wherever you can. Gain as much experience as you can and soak up every moment. I know it’s corny, but it will be gone in a flash. When people told me college went by fast, I didn’t realize it would be this fast. I am extremely thankful that I was placed here, and I wouldn’t have wanted to be anywhere else but here in Bowling Green. I do not think I grew an appreciation for this place, until I was time to leave it. Be thankful for where you are and take in every moment!