Holliman, Singh recovering from gunshot wounds

The Bowling Green Police Department made an arrest Tuesday in relation to the shootings of two WKU football players at Lava Lounge early Sunday morning.

Tevin Holliman, a sophomore from Tucker, Ga., and Ricardo Singh, a freshman from Auburndale, Fla., both WKU football players, sustained single gunshot wounds Saturday night at the Lava Lounge, located near WKU’s campus.

Ronnie Ward, public information officer for BGPD, said Bowling Green resident Travis Fant, 22, will be charged with assault in the first degree in connection with the shootings and possession of a stolen weapon.

His bond was set at $50,000.

Ward said Fant has been arrested before on other charges.

Soon after the shootings, he was located near a house on Forrest Drive after being told to stop going in the house, according to a BGPD citation. He appeared to be hiding something in his waistband when he went into the house but was no longer hiding anything when he came back out of the house.

The citation said that the owner of the house gave consent to police to search the residence. Police located a handgun under the seat cushion in a chair next to the front door.

Fant confessed to hiding the gun and told police that he didn’t want to be caught with it, the citation said. The gun was reported stolen by Louisville Metro Police Department.

The report also said Fant is being charged with tampering with evidence.

Fant was previously a student at WKU but hasn’t been enrolled since the spring semester of 2008.

The shootings occurred just after midnight Saturday, Ward said.

Ward said Holliman was taken to Vanderbilt Medical Center, and Singh was taken to the Bowling Green Medical Center.

A Vanderbilt Medical Center spokesperson said the condition of gunshot victims and victims of violence are not given out to the public.

Interim athletics director Todd Stewart said he spoke to both players’ mothers Wednesday morning and that both mothers said their sons’ conditions are improving.

Holliman, a junior defensive lineman, and Singh, a sophomore defensive back, are both in good spirits and are expected to make a full recovery, Stewart said.

Head Coach Willie Taggart tweeted the following from his account, @CoachTaggart, Wednesday night: “Just left from visiting with Tevin. He is in great spirit and recovering well. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.”

Ward said he wouldn’t confirm or deny where on their bodies either player was shot.

Both Holliman and Singh played in WKU’s annual spring game Saturday, hours before being shot.