WKU hosting inaugural ‘Super Hilltopper Weekend’

Brad Stephens

WKU athletics will host the inaugural “Super Hilltopper Weekend” this Saturday and Sunday, based around several home athletic events.

Included in the weekend’s events will be WKU’s annual spring football game, kicking off at 6 p.m. on Saturday in Smith Stadium.

The game is free to the public, with the first 500 students receiving a free T-shirt upon entering.

Additionally, one fan will have the chance to win two tickets for a Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney concert at LP Field in Nashville on June 23, while one WKU student will have the chance to win two sideline passes for WKU’s game against Kentucky in Lexington on Sept. 15.

Campus Activities Board and Greek Affairs will sponsor a free tailgate for WKU students on South Lawn from 3 to 6 p.m., with Big Red and head football coach Willie Taggart appearing at 4 p.m.

Also taking place on Saturday will be the Hilltopper Relays, hosted by WKU track and field at the Ruter Track and Field Complex.

The meet, which is scheduled to last from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., will also feature the “Fastest Kid in Bowling Green” contest.

In the contest, the fastest boy and girl from different grade levels at Bowling Green Independent and Warren County Schools will compete in a 100-meter dash at 3 p.m.

Participants and winners will be recognized at halftime of the spring football game.

WKU softball will also host a doubleheader against Florida International at 1 and 3 p.m. on Saturday at the WKU Softball Complex.

The Lady Toppers will host a “Bring Your Dog, Enjoy A Dog” Day in which fans can bring a pet to the game, and hot dogs will be sold for $1.