Parachute pants and ponytails took over the stage Wednesday night at Kappa Delta sorority’s 21st Shenanigans in Van Meter Hall.
The event, which was themed “I love the 90’s,” pairs one sorority with two fraternities to dance and show off to the other Greek organizations that make up most of the audience.
Lexington Junior Erica Sturgill, vice president of community service for Kappa Delta, said this year’s theme was very different from years past.
“We love it because we’re all from the ’90s,” she said. “We’re ’90s babies.”
Admission was $5 with all of the proceeds being donated to charity.
Sturgill said 80 percent of the money collected went to the Family Enrichment Center in Bowling Green while the other 20 percent went to Prevent Child Abuse America.
Admission money was sorted by which organization the attendant chose to support. Sigma Kappa sorority won the most attendance award this year.
Louisville Freshmen Grace McCullough, a Sigma Kappa, said she worked on getting a lot of people to be there.
“I texted all my friends and told them they had to come tonight,” McCullough said.
Sigma Kappa also placed third for the overall dancing judged by the KDs.
Bowling Green freshmen Nate Blankenship, a Phi Gamma Delta fraternity member who was paired with Sigma Kappa, said he had a blast participating.
“It’s so fun to dance with people you don’t know and do something really awesome with it,” Blankenship said.
The winners of Shenanigans were Phi Mu, Sigma Nu and Sigma Phi Epsilon.
Lexington freshmen Meghan Baumgartner, a Phi Mu, said the rehearsals were intense.
“I’m not a dancer, but they were really patient with me,” Baumgartner said.
Baumgartner said she was nervous when she performed because she is not on the stage very often. When Phi Mu won, she said she got emotional.
“I cried. I teared up,” she said. “It’s so special we’re all super happy and excited.”