Glassman lecturing Tuesday about economics at WKU

Kevin Allen

The recession is putting pressure on everyone, and JPMorgan Chase and Co. invites students to learn more about what’s happening with the economy to “Chase Bank presents: A Night with Jim Glassman” at 5 p.m. Tuesday in the Mass Media Auditorium.

Nancy Norris, Media Relations Manager for JPMorgan Chase and Co., said Glassman is the head economist at Chase Commercial Banking, has served on the Federal Reserve Board in Washington, D.C., and is a frequent speaker on economic issues.

For Norris, it is important that students recognize how the economy can affect their daily lives, and Glassman’s presentation will help them do that.

“Glassman will give students information about the global economy and how that affects students here in Kentucky,” Norris said, and “how what happens on Wall Street affects what happens on Main Street.”

The complexity of economic issues is something that people such as Glassman spend their whole lives studying, but that shouldn’t discourage students from attending, Norris said.

“He speaks in plain language that students will be able to understand, and uses real world examples,” Norris said. “I think Mr. Glassman’s presentation will be valuable for all kinds of students on campus, not just business majors. The economy affects everything we do.”

For Norris this also represents a great opportunity for students to network. In addition to Glassman, the President of Chase in Kentucky, Paul Costel, and numerous Bowling Green business owners will also be there.

“There is plenty of room, and I would really advise all students to consider attending this event,” she said.

The event is free and open to the public.