WKU freshmen keep clean at CAB’s Foam Party

Students play and dance Wednesday night at Campus Activity Board’s Foam Party, a M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan event that ran until midnight in the Valley.

Michael McKay

Freshmen attending college for the first time may not be able to keep up the same level of hygiene they have around mom.

Fortunately for the rest of WKU, Campus Activity Board gave freshmen an opportunity to have some good, clean fun at the CAB Foam Party last night in the Valley.

A foam party involves filling an area with soap suds and letting participants dance and play in the suds.  CAB President Sylvia Reyes said the party was a way to get students interested in the organization.

“We wanted to get the freshmen involved in Campus Activity Board and there’s no better way to do that than a foam party,” she said.

Lawrence Norfleet, a Louisville junior and a Western Leader, did his part in getting the freshmen involved — when he spotted a girl near the inflatable area, he encouraged her to get into the arena with a joke.

“I think the foam would look really good with your hair,” he said.

Early in the night, Reyes said she was happy with the turnout. But as the night went on, even more students crowded around the inflatable space and danced along to music videos playing on a large screen set up nearby.

If the foam party sparked any interest in joining CAB, students can attend meetings every other Tuesday starting at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 6 in Ransdell Hall.