FROM THE EDITOR: The Herald wants to hear from you this semester

Josh Moore

You might have read one of these letters from the editor before.

It’s usually the place each semester where the editor-in-chief makes grand promises about how we’re going to give you more of what you want to see and read.

But instead of making a promise this semester, I’m going to ask for a favor. It’s a pretty simple favor really, and I’ll even give you a few options.

All I ask is that you tell us what you want to see and read in the Herald. Call us, e-mail us, Facebook us, stop by our office – we don’t care the medium, we just want to hear from you.

What do you like about the Herald? More importantly, what do you dislike?

What aren’t we covering or aren’t covering well enough?

What do you love about WKU? What really annoys you about it?

Tell us what you and your friends are talking about at lunch. If something is pissing you off, we want to know. We’re like your friend who will always listen. And maybe together we can do something about it.

Whether it’s tailgating concerns from last year or complaints about parking, food, tuition, textbooks or whatever, administrators don’t know if there’s a problem unless students tell them.

The Herald is here to inform you, but we’re also here to be your voice on campus. And we can’t do that if you don’t let us know what’s on your mind.

We’re not picky – we don’t care if you tell us in the form of a letter to the editor or just a story suggestion.

You’ll always find a list of contact information online and in every issue of the Herald.

Starting on Friday, we’ll turn this space over to you, the readers. But I’ll be writing an Editor’s Blog throughout the semester on our website to keep the dialogue going. It’ll be a good place for you to find out (or ask about) how the Herald works or why we made a particular decision that week.

Let this be the beginning of a great conversation this semester.

Josh Moore

Herald editor-in-chief