Free bowling, billards, food

Rachel Daniels

Free recreation and food will be central to the Campus Activity Board’s last program of the semester tomorrow.

At 8 p.m., Downing University Center and CAB will provide free hamburgers, hot dogs, bowling, billiards and raffles to celebrate the end of another school year.

Azurdee Garland, Campus Activities Board adviser, helped put the program together and said about 200 people are expected.

Garland said that the purpose of the celebration is to show what CAB has to offer and to promote participation for the next school year.

There will also be fall 2004 calendars given out to let students know what activities can be expected next semester.

The theme for this year’s celebration will be “Wild, Wild, Western,” and students are encouraged to wear cowboy hats, boots, and western clothes.

Raffle tickets will be free and will make students eligible for Best Buy and Greenwood Mall gift certificates.

Bowling Green junior Tisha Whitlow is a resident assistant in Minton Hall and benefits from CAB activities. She spends time constructing and posting signs and posters to encourage residents to attend events.

“The programs are always beneficial for our girls,” Whitlow said. “They have really good programs and they are free. I will probably attend this last one.”

Reach Rachel Daniels at [email protected]