Sept. 11 Brief

Tribute

In honor of Sept. 11, Western’s photojournalism program will show its documentary, “New York City: A city searching for hope.” The students will use a projector and screen and show the 15 minute presentation in the commons area between Poland Hall and Pearce-Ford Tower.

The film will show every 30 minutes beginning at sunset.

The presentation is a documentary produced by Western’s photojournalism program showing the aftermath of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center through the eyes of New Yorkers.

Over 30 photojournalism students and faculty members traveled to New York on Sept. 11 and the days following to document the event and bring the story back to Bowling Green and Western. The students decided to make the trip at their own discretion.

After returning home, the students and faculty sifted through the thousands of images and numerous audio interviews. After reviewing their work, they decided to create a multimedia presentation to show the community what they saw.

It took several weeks to create the first draft of the documentary. Since then, it has been continually tweaked.

The documentary and accompanying photos were on display at the Kentucky Museum for six months.

DVDs of the documentary are on sale for $20 through the photojournalism program. All proceeds go to a scholarship fund that will allow photojournalism students to work on similar projects in the future and not worry about how they will be funded.

– Brandy Warren and Justin Fowler