Todd running for SGA finance position

Adriane Hardin

Nick Todd’s face won’t be plastered on posters across campus.

Todd, a Henderson sophomore, is running unopposed for the position of Student Government Association vice president of Finance.

“I just work well with money, and I’ve always been a part of SGA,” Todd said. “I’ve always wanted to be an officer with SGA.”

He is the chair of SGA’s campus improvements committee and served as chair of the financial review committee that headed the investigation of the missing gazebo funds last semester. As a freshman, Todd was the chair of the disaster relief fund committee created to raise money for the Gables apartment complex after it was damaged by fire.

Todd said his goals are to make the financial matters of SGA easier for the common student to understand. He said he wants to organize SGA’s financial records in such a way that any student or member of Western’s community could walk into the SGA office and have a clear understanding of what SGA spends money on.

The way Todd sees it, SGA tries to do what every other organization does: work together to accomplish goals each year.

“I can help make sure the money gets spent in the right way,” Todd said.

Todd said he does not plan to do a lot of campaigning for his office. He wants to to be a visible member of the executive committee and help students in any way he can.

Todd is also the current treasurer of Kappa Sigma fraternity and a member of the American Marketing Association.

The office of vice president of Finance is currently held by Ross Pruitt. Pruitt won the office in an uncontested race last year.

Internet polling for SGA elections will begin April 2 and continue until 11:59 p.m. on April 3. Students can vote by logging onto topnet.wku.edu.

Reach Adriane Hardin at [email protected].