Nappy Roots comes home tomorrow

Zach Mills

Nappy Roots is coming home.

The band, originally from Bowling Green, is scheduled to perform at 8 p.m. tomorrow in Diddle Arena.

Many students have been waiting anxiously for their hometown heroes to return to Bowling Green.

Some may call tomorrow night’s performance a make-up concert for last April’s rain-out, while some Bowling Green natives may call it retribution for not being on the band’s Kentucky tour last semester.

Scottsville senior Daniel Hagan will be in the audience tomorrow and is looking forward to the performance.

“I went to the Corvette Museum and they never showed up, so hopefully they’ll do better this time,” Hagan said.

Bennie Beach, advisor for the Campus Activities Board, said over half of the 4,000 tickets available for purchase have been sold.

Tickets will be available the night of the concert and will cost Western students $15 and non-students $20.

Beach said tickets that people held from the rained-out concert last April are not valid tomorrow night.

The show is sponsored by CAB which paid the group $22,500 to bring them to the Hill.

Regardless of how people may view tomorrow’s concert, Nappy Roots has found their way home.

“For them to come back it shows they care,” Bonnieville junior Eli Walters said. “It makes up for the last concert.”

Herald reporter Jocelyn Robinson contributed to this story.

Reach Zach Mills at [email protected].