CAB to host party

Cassie Riley

Grab some friends and a pair of dancing shoes, because Western’s welcoming back its students with open arms and a party.

Everyone’s invited to the Welcome Back Western Bash, sponsored by Campus Activities Board. Students can go to Redz, the fourth floor of the Downing University Center, tomorrow night from 8 to 11:30 p.m. for an evening filled with music, food and fun.

“We are pretty enthusiastic,” said Azurdee Garland, a graduate assistant for CAB.

The cost is $3 for students with a Western ID and $5 for anyone else who would like to come.

The price includes a live disk jockey, free food and activities such as bowling, billiards and ping pong.

Door prizes ranging from CAB paraphernalia to “dance party packs” will also be given away.

CAB has been sponsoring the event every semester for the past several years, Garland said.

“We’re trying to establish things that students can always plan on, count on,” she said.

Public Relations director Brad Golliher, a Bowling Green freshman, believes that there will be a good turnout. He thinks students will be looking for people they may have lost contact with during the month-long winter break.

“This would be a good chance to get back together with those friends,” Golliher said.

According to Garland, there may be future plans for a live band to perform at the end of the year bash.

CAB is focusing mainly on local band FLOOR’D, but the decision has not yet been made, she said.

Reach Cassie Riley at [email protected].