News Briefs

Engineering department to honor freshmen

The Engineering Department will honor freshman engineering student achievements at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 11 in the Garrett Ballroom. Freshman Engineering Day will include students from the civil, electrical and mechanical programs. Projects on display include “Concrete Toboggan,” “Bug Robots” and “Wobbler Steam Engines.” More than 90 students will participate in the event and administrators and parents have been invited.

Last year, the engineering department displayed a “Wobbler Windup” — operating steam-powered engines the students built.

Symphony Orchestra to perform

Tonight in Van Meter Auditorium “Holiday Pops” will be presented by the Bowling Green Western Symphony Orchestra. It is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. Contact Capitol Arts at 745-2787 for more information.

Dorms to close for winter break

All dorms are scheduled to close for the winter break on Dec. 14 at 4 p.m. They will reopen at 8 a.m. on Jan. 9, 2003.

Peformance at Gordon Wilson

A Children’s Theater Production of “Everwonderwhy?” will run on Dec. 6-8 at Gordon Wilson Theatre 100. It will begin at 4 p.m. on Friday, and 3 p.m. the following Saturday and Sunday. For additional information, contact the Theatre Department at 745-5845.

Program to be held tomorrow

The La Petite Academy Christmas Program will be held at 7 p.m. tomorrow in the Downing University Center. Kim Copeland is available at 781-7755 for more details.

John Berry concert tomorrow

WBVR will host the John Berry Christmas Concert at the Brown Agricultural Expo Center. The event is scheduled for 8 p.m. tomorrow. Call WBVR at 843-3333 for ticket information.

Dance studio performance tomorrow

There will be a Dance Studio Performance tomorrow through Sunday at 8 p.m. The dancers will perform at the Gordon Wilson Theatre. Contact the Department of Theatre and Dance for further details.

–Jessica Sasseen