Frat-Attack

[email protected]

Last Thursday night the goat-boy Jim Brewer performed at DUC. I was in line, but turned away when the theater’s capacity reached its max. Hundreds of others just like me were turned away. Meanwhile, up thie hill aways, fraternities/soroities held their “Stomp” to a less than capacity crowd at Van Meter, which holds more people than DUC. So why wasn’t the goat-boy at Van Meter where more could see him? I will tell you. Frat-Attack. Yes, similar to a heart-attack, but making it worse is the fact that a frat-attack can be avoided but never is. Fraternities at WKU are useless. They are nothing more than drinking clubs, holding parties, trashing campus, and making the moral minded sick at our stomachs. You say the do philanthropic activities. But when asked about one of these activities, a frat boy (or fraternity brother) will say “We have to do 3 (or how ever many the case may be) philanthropic activities per year.” Its never “We get to…” or “We want to…” Fraternities care nothing about these events and only do the bare minimum, never going above or beyond. How about curbing underaged drinking on the WKU campus for a philanthropic event. The school, the student body, and community would all benefit. But alas these Frats actually actively promote underaged drinking, with older members giving or selling alcohol to younger ones. I participated in rush, but did not pledge this year. The second night, a drunken Phi Delta Theta alumni approached me and informed me that college wasn’t about studying, class, and grades but about alcoholic beverages and getting women (he used a different word for the latter). At the time I thought this was a joke, but to the average frat boy this is no joke, it is life. WKU frats should clean up their acts or get off my campus