SGA to host forum about campus food services

The Student Government Association will sponsor a dining services forum at 4 p.m. Oct. 17 for students with questions and concerns about on-campus food.

SGA president Jamie Sears said SGA decided over the summer to hold a monthly issues forum to promote regular contact between students and administrators. SGA hosted a parking forum earlier this month.

The dining services forum is an opportunity for administrators and students to get the feedback they want, Sears said.

Gene Tice, vice president of Student Affairs and Campus Services, said he is anxious to hear what feedback and concerns students have about dining services.

“The idea sounds great to me,” he said.

Sears said topics that may be discussed next month include the new dining options offered on campus, such as Grille Works, and the new options in Garrett Food Court.

“I think students are going to want to talk about those,” she said.

Other topics, Sears said, may include future plans for dining services.

Sears said SGA chose dining as a topic for the October forum because it is an area that is changing greatly this year, and students need to know of the changes near the beginning of the school year.

The parking forum held earlier this month drew few students. But Sears said SGA will do more to attract students to the dining services forum. She said she expects more people to come and voice their opinions at the event.

Sears said while some administrators may not know all the needs of students, they are eager to talk to them and will do so at the forum.

Dining Services director Barry Wells said the more information students have, the better.

“I’d be happy to participate in it,” he said.

Reach Molly O’Connor at [email protected].