With Commons not complete, temporary dining options considered

Debra Murray

The WKU Commons construction project is set to be completed this fall. Once completed, the Commons will feature multiple new restaurants as well at temporary eating locations changing throughout the semester.

Debra Murray, Digital News Editor

Students hoping to make The Commons at Helm Library their go-to place for meals and studying at the start of the fall semester will have to wait just a little while longer for the opening of the much anticipated space, according to WKU chief facilities officer Bryan Russell.

The library will be an “intellectual hub where students, faculty, and staff gather to share ideas and engage in active learning,” according to WKU’s website. 

Without Garrett Conference Center, many restaurants at the top of the Hill are no longer available. The Commons is expected to have Moe’s Southwest Grill, Spencer’s Coffee, Rising Rolls, and a rotation of dining options.

“WKU Restaurant Group will soon share temporary dining options for the top of the Hill,” Russell said.

The Pie Queen of BG, Brie Golliher, said she will serve on campus for eight to 10 weeks in her pie wagon.

Digital News Editor Debra Murray can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @debramurrayy