SGA holds senate election: Who is on the ballot

Jake Jones, News reporter

Editor’s Note: A previous version of this story included incorrect position titles. The story has been updated with the correct information. The Herald regrets this error.

The Student Government Association is holding senate elections for the Spring 2022 semester. Students can vote on TopNet on Sept. 13 and 14.

Addison Falkner

Running for: Freshman senator
“I am running because I am really excited about getting to represent the voices of my fellow first years and the entire student body. I am also looking forward to getting a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes to make a change within the school as well as promoting student engagement within SGA and WKU as a whole.”

Yulia Mishchuk
Running for: Freshman Senator

I’m really passionate about empowering first-generation students like myself, as well as students with cognitive disabilities and making sure they’re aware of all the resources available to them. I’m all about ensuring equal opportunities for all students because I know how difficult it can be to get ahead while dealing with those things. I also want to help make our campus a safer place for women and LGBTQ+ students, because these are also issues I’ve had to deal with my entire life. As a freshman, I’ve only been on campus for a few months, but I’ve really enjoyed H4 and other honors events I’ve been able to attend! I hope to accomplish a lot through SGA and other organizations.”

Jenna Wells
Running for: Freshman Senator

Jocelynn Magan
Running for: Freshman Senator

Sam Kurtz

Running for: Freshman Senator

Aidan Lash
Running for: Gatton Academy Student Senator

I am running because I want to give Gatton students an active voice within the Student Government Association. I have the skills to communicate with my peers, find out the issues they are dealing with, and advocate for effective solutions. My previous leadership experience has provided me with a skill-set for leadership and prepared me to represent you.”

Anaya Ali

Arivumani Srivastava

“I’m running for SGA to provide Gatton with an accessible and transparent senator. The majority of Gatton students I’ve spoken with had no knowledge of even being represented in the SGA, so my goal is to ensure that every Gatton student knows they have a senator advocating for them to whom they can express any and every concern they may have.” 

News reporter Jake Jones can be reached at [email protected]