WKU International Student and Scholar Services offers Thanksgiving dinner to students

Genesis Malone, News reporter

Students staying around campus during the break are invited to an open Thanksgiving dinner hosted by the International Office.

The dinner, first led by the College of Health and Human Services, has been funded by the International Office to provide a hot Thanksgiving meal to international students on campus during the Thanksgiving break. 

Applied Human Sciences professor Julie Lee said she saw the need to provide dinner for those unable to go home for Thanksgiving. 

“I had a number of international students who were still on campus and had nowhere to go, a lot of them can’t return home for the thanksgiving break and Western has no food options open so this gives them a chance to come and have some dinner,” Lee said.

Holiday fixings include turkey and sweet potato pie, as well as vegan options. Students can stay and eat in a socially distanced family style seating arrangement or take their dinner to go. 

The dinner is not limited to international students, including athletes and students who are not returning home for the break.

The dinner will be held in the Academic Complex 213, in the Micatrotto dining room on Nov. 25 from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Students are encouraged to RSVP by contacting Julie Lee at [email protected]

“I’ll start to cook tomorrow, I’m cooking 6 turkeys this year and an assortment of things so there will be no shortage of food,” Lee said. 

News reporter Genesis Malone can be reached at [email protected]