WKU seeks student, faculty input on Quality Enhancement Plan

A student walks in front of Cherry Hall on Feb. 22, 2020.

Jake Moore, Content Editor

Editor’s note: On Monday, Jan. 31, the provost released a corrected date to submit proposals. Proposals must be submitted by March 15, 2022 instead of March 15, 2023. The article has been updated to reflect this correction.

Provost Bud Fischer announced via email on Monday that the university is accepting proposals from the WKU community for its 2025 Quality Enhancement Plan.

Fischer’s email states that WKU will turn in its 10-year documentation for reaffirmation of regional accreditation to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges in 2025. This process includes the development of a Quality Enhancement Plan.

According to the email, a QEP “reflects and affirms a commitment to enhance overall institutional quality and effectiveness by focusing on an issue that the institution considers important to improving student learning outcomes and/or student success.”

Fischer urges faculty, students and staff alike to submit proposals to [email protected] no later than March 15, 2022. According to the email, these proposals will be reviewed by a committee consisting of representatives from the campus community.

According to the email, proposals must be limited to three pages in length, include a five-year timeline and must propose a budget. The QEP as a whole will need to be in line with WKU’s Strategic Plan, enhance student learning, include 2-3 measurable goals or objectives and outline opportunities for collaboration across all of WKU’s campus.

Anyone with questions regarding the QEP process is encouraged to contact the provost at [email protected]. Examples of past QEP proposals can be found here.

Content Editor Jake Moore can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @Charles_JMoore.