Letter from the Editor: Here’s to a mag-nificent semester

Jake Moore, Co-Editor-in-Chief

We made it! You are holding the third and final news magazine edition of the College Heights Herald for the fall semester, capping off the publication’s first shot at this new format.

It’s safe to say the new look has been a success! It’s hard to find a copy of a Herald magazine in any of the campus kiosks, and for the first time since the start of the pandemic, we’re no longer treading water. It’s not easy to turn such a huge corner, but we did it.

Many late, late, late nights in the Student Publications office and a healthy helping of blood, sweat and tears went into this semester of work, but I and the full Herald staff couldn’t be more proud of the results.

I have to give a major shoutout to our reporters, columnists, photographers, videographers, designers, ad staff and sports writers. Not only did the Herald team put together a trio of magazines, but we also managed to send out a fresh email newsletter each and every weekday – not a small feat for a group of college students.

Not only did this semester feature a change in format, but the Herald was led by co-editor-in-chiefs for the first time since 2000! It was a privilege to work alongside Debra Murray to serve the WKU community at large and to help young reporters hone their skills.

Debra will take on the editor-in-chief role solo next semester as I return to a regular reporting position, but I have full faith she will continue to lead the College Heights Herald in a professional, creative and empathetic way. I will miss splitting our editor-in-chief desk!

It’s been a great semester! Here’s to the next.

Co-Editor-in-Chief Jake Moore can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @ Charles_JMoore.