WKU Global to host Global Learning Fair

WKU Global will host the spring Global Learning Fair on Wednesday, Feb. 14 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to inform and answer the questions of students planning to study abroad.

The Valentine’s Day themed event, located at the Honors College and International Center, will consist of various tables set up by study abroad program providers and WKU support offices. Students who attend can learn about opportunities, funding, how to begin the process as well as the chance to  win prizes or giveaways, including study abroad application fee waivers.

Shelby Handley is a marketing specialist for WKU Global and is in charge of the communications and marketing in relation to the Global Learning Fair. She says the event is a good opportunity for students to see what the department has to offer.

“Since it’s Valentine’s Day themed, it’s all you need is love and a passport, it’s like find your own true love- travel or stay in the bubble, and that type of thing,” Handley said.

For those unable to attend, the doors are always open at The Global Agora located in HCIC 1001.

“We have Global Learning Ambassadors that are always there to chat and assist,” Handley said. “And we have our advisors as well downstairs in the first office, they’re always there as well.”

Students unable to attend will also be able to find the fair featured on the WKU Global Instagram.

“Hopefully people will be able to look back and get information as well from that [the Instagram],” Handley said. “If they didn’t get to attend, they can watch our stories, they can watch our reels, hopefully to feel the full experience even if they weren’t there physically.”