Gordon Ford College of Business names Evelyn Thrasher as new dean

Adin Parks
Gordon Ford College of Business’ Interim Dean Dr. Evelyn Thrasher presents in the Grise Hall Auditorium on Monday, Feb. 5.

The Gordon Ford College of Business announced today that current interim dean Evelyn Thrasher will become dean of the college, effective July 1.

Four candidates were interviewed by the search committee and Provost Bud Fischer. In addition, the candidates participated in four separate open forums from Feb. 5-13.

Thrasher became interim dean of GFCB in July 2023 when former Dean Christopher Shook left WKU. Previously, Thrasher was an associate dean for faculty and administration and a professor of analytics and information systems.

“I am excited for the opportunity to serve as the next dean of the GFCB,” Thrasher stated via email. “I am ready and eager to lead the college into the next chapter…As a first-generation college student, I know firsthand the power of education to change lives; and I hope students can find inspiration and encouragement from my experiences.”

Thrasher thanked WKU President Timothy Caboni and Fischer for having confidence in her to lead the college, as well as thanking the search committee for their hard work over the past few weeks. 

“The GFCB faculty and staff have worked very hard over the past five years to grow our college and position us for the future,” Thrasher said. “We have a lot of positive momentum to build upon as we transition to our new building; and I look forward to sharing our successes with future students, alumni, and the business community.” 

News reporter David Campos-Contreras can be reached at [email protected].