• The College Heights Herald reserves the right to refuse an advertisement it deems objectionable for anyreason.
• No paid advertisement is accompanied by news stories or free notices.
• The Herald will not publish advertising that encourages irresponsible drinking and/or the illegal use of alcoholic beverages. (The Herald will not run “All-You-Can-Drink” ads).
• All political, “closing” and “going out of business” advertising must be prepaid.
• The Herald is not responsible for factual errors, quality of artwork or grammatical and/or typographical errors in an ad submitted by the advertiser.
• It is the responsibility of the advertisers to notify the Herald of errors within five business days.
- - The Herald will be responsible for errors the first time a Herald-created ad is published.
- - Allowances will be made only for errors that materially affect the value of the advertisement.
- - Non-compliance with this request leaves full responsibility with the advertisers.
• All advertisements are accepted and published upon the representation that the agency or the advertiser is authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter thereof.
• In consideration of the acceptance of such advertisements for publication, the agency or advertiser assumes liability for any claim based upon the contents or subject matter of such advertisements, including, without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of rights of privacy, plagiarism and copyright infringement.
• All ad changes and cancellations must be made before the advertising deadline. Ads cancelled after the deadline will be charged the full amount of the ad’s space.
• Advertising having the appearance of news must be clearly labeled as “Paid Advertising” or “Sponsored Content.” The Herald will determine if the labeling meets its standards for clarity.
• The Herald will not knowingly accept any advertisement that is defamatory, promotes academic dishonesty, violates any federal, state or local laws or encourages discrimination against any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, religion, national origin or disability.
• The Herald may make rate changes, with a 30-day notice. If so, you may cancel an agreement with no penalty.
• Promotions not listed in the rate card may be offered.
• All rates are non-commissionable, net rates.
• Mastercard and Visa are accepted.
• Advertising statements and tearsheets are mailed at the first of each month.
• Accounts not paid within 60 days will be submitted for collection and will be charged a minimum 10% penalty.
• Ads exceeding 19” in depth will be considered a full page and will be billed accordingly.
• If you have a question or if there is a discrepancy with your statement, please contact the business office at 270 745-2653.
• New advertising accounts will prepay until credit is established
• The Herald will extend credit to new accounts upon request under the following conditions:
-The advertiser must have an established history of satisfactory credit purchases and the advertiser must keep their account current. A credit application must be completed and will be evaluated based upon the credit sources listed by the advertiser. In most cases, the business office will notify the advertiser the status of the credit application within two weeks.
- The College Heights Herald will send out no more than 3 tweets per day.
- The Client must fill out an insertion order with the list of dates and times they would like their message to be tweeted out.
- This information must be given to the social media chair 48 hours in advance.
- The Herald will not knowingly accept any advertisement tha is defamatory, promotes academic dishonesty, violates any federal, state or local laws or encourages discrimination against any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, religion, national origin, or disability.
- All ad changes and cancellations must be made before the advertising deadline. Ads cancelled after the deadline will be charged the full amount of the ads space.
- The Herald will not post sponsored tweets that encourage irresponsible drinking and/or the illegal use of alcoholic beverages. (The Herald will not run “All-You-Can-Drink”ads).
The Herald creative staff is made up of a team of highly talented students. For our advertising clients, services are free. If you need creative help with anything from logo design, effective copy, clean and professional artwork to complete advertising campaigns contact your sales representative and ask how we can help.
Advertisers requiring prior approval of an ad will receive proofs Thursday morning prior to publication via the email@example.com email. All proofs must be returned to the Herald by 2 p.m. that day. Changes may be made by phone, email, or fax. If the Herald does not receive changes by 2p.m. we assume that all information in your ad is correct and meeds your standards.
We accept ads via ftp or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All camera-ready artwork must be created to size, fonts embedded and images must be high resolution. Contact your sales representative or our creative department for online ad specifications.
File Formats Accepted
PDF files are preferred
EPS, JPEG, and TIFF are accepted
Native files from old versions of CSS are accepted but must be packaged with all supporting links and formats.
File Formats NOT Accepted
Microsoft Power Point
- A camera-ready ad is created to the correct size it will appear in the paper, meets all of the technical requirements and includes all supporting documents and fonts needed to print.
- Spot color ads must be created using an acceptable spot color formula. Ask your sales rep for a list of color formulas.
- To ensure reproduction of all artwork within B&W ads, all photographs and graphics should be at least 180 dpi and Grayscale.
- For color ads, all photographs and graphics should be at least 300 dpi and CMYK, DO NOT save color ads as RGB.
- If an ad is created in Illustrator, fonts must be converted to outlines.
- Submit ads in the exact size they are scheduled to run. Failure to do so will force creative staff to shrink, enlarge or distort the ad to fit the reserved space.
- Compress all ads submitted by e-mail.
TO ADVERTISE PLEASE CONTACT
Advertising Manager: Andrew Lee, 270-745-6284, email@example.com
Sales Director, Distribution Manager and Advertising Adviser: William Hoagland, 270-745-6285, firstname.lastname@example.org
College Heights Herald
1906 College Heights Blvd. #11084
Western Kentucky University
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Click to view our past media kits: