For college students, diagnoses of mental illnesses have increased significantly in the past 20 years. Those diagnoses have led to an increase in antidepressant use among college students and adults in the country.
Sometimes the washers on campus work but the dryers don’t, leaving you with a pile of dripping clothes and nowhere to put them. Other times, change machines will be broken, and you’re out of luck unless you can find somewhere else to make change.
When students log on to TopNet to pick their roommates for the upcoming fall semester, some might consider having a random roommate assigned to them instead of choosing their own.
WKU’s Housing and Residence Life has released its 10-year housing plan to renovate old dorms and build new dorms.
I don’t enjoy driving anymore. I have lost sight of the ideals of freedom found on American roadways.
It’s usually a given when you start your undergrad years that you’ll seek out “the college experience.” This might encompass eye-opening conversations with people from diverse backgrounds, living for the night after having a few too many adult beverages at a frat party, or using candy and fr…
TINY CLOSET, BIG WARDROBE
Being in the middle of my last semester, I’m capable of looking back on my years in college and recognizing all the mistakes I’ve made. From transferring twice, which means I’ve attended three schools in three cities, to never utilizing the library to its full potential, I’ve made a range of…
When I started searching for a cheaper alternative for housing at WKU, I couldn’t have guessed that the result would make me the landlord of my own house.
When you live on campus, issues are sure to arise. Whether it’s a roommate conflict, broken furniture or a toilet with water that won’t stop rising, the transition to independence can be difficult. Luckily, on-campus residents have someone to make this transition go smoothly: their resident …
Not all sororities at WKU have a large house full of rooms ready for all its members like some sororities might have at bigger universities. One residence hall in particular is designated for sororities with small chapter houses to give members a similar experience to living in the house.
We’re partnering with the investigative reporting non-profit ProPublica as part of their Documenting Hate project to document instances of hate crimes and bias-related incidents on WKU’s campus and in the Bowling Green community. Please help us shine a light on crimes like these and help us tell your story. Your voice is so important, please don’t be afraid to share it.
- Beshear demands transparency following Louisville shooting, speaks on racism in press conference
- President Caboni reacts to nationwide racial tension
- Spencer's Coffee opens new location on 31-W Bypass
- Local physician Dr.Shadowen condition worsens
- 6 quarantine-friendly road trips to take this summer
- "We are one WKU." Campus leaders share strategies for campus inclusion initiatives in email
- Second night of Louisville Black Lives Matter demonstrations marked by heavy downtown vandalism, National Guard called in response
- BG's campus and community leaders discuss race-related issues as peaceful protests continue in city
- WKU announces 'Big Red Restart' plan, seeks public comment
- WKU grants $2 million to 3,100 students so far from CARES Act funds