8 ways to earn your money back after spring break

Julie Sisler

As the days of spring break come and go, so does the money in your bank account. If spring break hit your finances a little harder than you’d like, here are some ways to earn back the money you lost!

1. Got clothes that don’t fit? Go through your clothes and take a trip to Plato’s Closet! Not only will you free up some closet space (which will help lighten your load when you move out for the summer), but you’ll also make some good cash! If Plato’s Closet won’t take it, post the clothes to some Facebook or GroupMe groups and see if you have any buyers there!

2. If you’ve got some spare time, take an hour or two to make a quick buck! Donate plasma in the Bowling Green area. All you have to do is do a quick physical and you’re good to go for months. Depending on how frequently you go, you can make over fifty dollars!

3. Look around your room, there’s money to be made. If you find things you don’t use anymore, whether it be textbooks from former classes, WKU gear or furniture that takes up too much space, you can sell them. You can use Facebook Marketplace to make some cash for the things you no longer use. Tip: Always take someone with you when you go to meet potential buyers!

4. If you’ve got an artistic talent, use it! Put your skills to use and create something to sell on Etsy. Whether you make jewelry, paint portraits, or can do digital design, there’s plenty of ways to get money for your talents.

5. If you’ve got a car and are twenty one or older, sign up for Uber. You can make over fifteen dollars per ride, which means that working for a few hours on the weekends can add up quickly. All you have to do is download the app, fill out your information, and get driving!

6. If you’re looking for something closer to campus, reach out to the Psychology Department. They have multiple studies going on at any given time, and most are paid. Find out what studies are going on and see if you’re eligible to make some cash and help out WKU’s research!

7. If you’re particularly good at taking notes in class, earn money for it! You can sign up to be a note taker for the Student Accessibility Resource Center. You’ll get paid for the semester just to do something that you would already be doing and you’ll have the opportunity to help out other students!

8. If you’re an animal lover, get paid to play with animals and get some exercise while you do it. Sign up for Wagg or Rover, make an account, and become a professional dog walker. You can enjoy the weather, the company of some cute pups and the money you’ll make doing it. You pick your own schedule, whether it’s a daily or even just monthly gig, and get paid a flat rate for your time, as well as tips!

Features reporter Julie Sisler can be reached at 270-745-6291 and [email protected]. Follow Julie on social media at @julie_sisler.