WKU to hire new ‘campus leaders’ aimed at improving recruitment, retention and graduation

President Timothy Caboni at the Board of Regents during its meeting on Friday.

Emily DeLetter

In an email to faculty and staff Monday, President Timothy Caboni announced his plans to fill several new positions to help enhance student success and improve recruitment, retention and graduation.

Over the next six months, WKU will hire a new executive vice president for the Division of Strategy, Operations and Finance, a new vice president for the Division of Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement, a new vice president for the Division of Strategic Communications and Marketing (formerly Public Affairs), a new dean for the Gordon Ford College of Business, and a new dean for the College of Health and Human Services, according to the email.

“Potential candidates have found our push to become even more student-centered and the press to incorporate more undergraduates in our research, with implications for practice and the larger world, compelling and persuasive,” Caboni said in the email.

The search for potential candidates will reach outside of WKU with national searches being conducted to “add strong leaders with proven successes enhancing student progression and increasing institutional effectiveness to the talent we already have on campus,” according to the email.

While WKU will have a national search, Caboni encouraged internal faculty and staff to recommend individuals for an internal application.

Assistant News Editor Emily DeLetter can be reached at 270-745-6011 or [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter at @emilydeletter.