Four finalists announced to be next associate provost

Nicole Ziege

Four unnamed finalists have been announced to be WKU’s next Associate Provost for Global Learning and International Affairs. Each candidate will visit campus and be interviewed.

Campus visits for the finalists will take place on June 18, June 19, June 25 and July 9. All visits will include open forums between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. in the Jody Richards Hall auditorium on the candidates’ respective campus visit dates.

The names of each candidate will be released 24 hours prior to their respective campus visit dates.

Cheryl Stevens, dean of the Ogden College of Science and Engineering, and Gordon Johnson, vice president for information technology, announced the visits in an email to all faculty and staff.

“This is a strategic leadership position that will guide and broadly impact all WKU internationalization efforts,” Stevens and Johnson said in the email. “The search committee invites members of the WKU community to participate in the process and provide feedback through the search website.”

UPDATE on Friday, June 15, 2018:

Jennifer Engel, current executive director of international programs at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, Illinois, was announced as the first candidate to visit campus for the associate provost position on Monday, June 18.

There will be an open forum with Engel at 1 p.m. in the Jody Richards Hall auditorium.

This story has been updated.

Nicole Ziege can be reached at 270-745-6011 and [email protected]. Follow Nicole Ziege on Twitter at @NicoleZiege.