SGA campaigns are slowly ending

Leah Brown

The Student Government Association candidate campaigns are winding down as the end of election approaches. 

Students can go vote for candidates on TopNet April 8 and 9.

There will be an election result party Wednesday in Garrett. 

There is only one candidate running for president, current administrative vice president Nicki Seay. 

Current chief of staff Brad Cockrel and public relations committee chair Nolan Miles are both running for Executive Vice President. Elizabeth Koeheler is the only candidate running for AVP. 

There are a total of 20 student senator seats available and exactly 20 candidates running for seats. 

Students can also vote for the candidates on the Glasgow campus’s SGA. 

At the meeting Tuesday night, SGA President Keyana Boka announced that President Gary Ransdell will be attending the next meeting.

SGA voted to move the next meeting to either Cravens room 111 or expand the their current room in Garrett. They will announce the location as soon as a decision has been made. 

Boka encourages students to come to the open forum to ask Ransdell questions. This is a time where the student body can be directly heard. 

SGA will also be voting on Resolution 5-14-S next Tuesday. This is a resolution that will encourage President Ransdell to consider a reduction in his salary. Ransdell will be present when this resolution is discussed. 

His current salary for 2013-2014 is $423,588. 

In this week’s meeting, SGA passed Bill 8-14-S which give the Glasgow campus writing center $1,000. 

They also passed Bill 9-14-S which purchases graduate school test preparations materials for the Cravens Library. These materials will be available for students to reserve and check out for three days at a time.