Notes: SGA discusses future of DUC renovations project

Mike Stunson

At tonight’s Student Government Association meeting:

-Jeff Stivers, the lead architect for the Downing University Center renovation project, gave a presentation to the senate about last week’s trip to several universities’ student centers. Stivers, as well as students who went, talked about the pros and cons for each center they visited.

-SGA will now take a week to figure out a plan of action for their plans with the project. A campaign for student awareness in DUC was discussed, as well as an e-mail poll for students. SGA tabled the resolution to support the project in December when they did not think there was enough student support.

-Executive Vice President Kendrick Bryan said he is working on supplying more test prep books for the Educational Resources Center, which has relocated to the Ransdell Hall this semester.

-He also said recording artist Soulja Boy will be having a concert this semester at WKU.

-Daniel Shaw spoke for the public relations committee and said they will be changing Focus Fridays this semester. Suggestions for ideas for the weekly e-mail can be given by student senators. The senators as well as any other students who would be interested will receive the e-mail, which was just given to Greek presidents last semester.

-Elections for SGA will be March 28-29 on TopNet, with the applications being due March 4.

Check out Friday’s Herald for more on the DUC renovations project.