Games provide break from finals

Megan Engle

Wanna get down and dirty, plus relieve stress during finals week?

“Dirty Games,” sponsored by the Baptist Student Union, will be held 1:30 p.m. at the University Farm on May 7 – dead day of finals week.

Shepherdsville senior Jeff Crady is in charge of this year’s “Dirty Games.” He said this is an event that can be used as a way to take a break from finals.

“We have it during finals week because you’re kind of stressed out for the time, and most people probably don’t study on that day, so it’s a good relief.”

“Dirty Games” involves anything that can be considered gross.

“There will be mud events,” Crady said. “The popular ones are the chocolate slide down the hill, and there will be games with jelly and grits.”

Crady said other events will include relay races and games that involve digging. There will be hoses provided to rinse off.

“It’s such a good time,” he said. “I’ve never seen anyone who’s come out who didn’t have a good time.”

Not only will this event allow students to take a break during finals, but also the money raised will go toward charities in the Bowling Green area.

Lawrenceburg senior Crystal Robinson has participated in “Dirty Games” in the past years and said her favorite event is the relay race.

“It’s a lot of fun, and it’s a great way to meet some people,” she said. “And it’s a good way to relieve some stress during finals week.”

Crady said that “Dirty Games” is an outreach by BSU on campus.

“Baptists tend to have the stereotypes of being prudish and stodgy and uptight. This is to help to break the stereotypes,” he said. “The games are gross, and the money raised goes to different charities around the Bowling Green area.”

Crady said that the top three teams have the choice which organizations the money raised will go to.

“Last year, there was about $1,000 raised for charities in this area,” he said.

If students want to take a part in “Dirty Games,” there will be students walking around campus this week wearing buttons which read “Go and Get Dirty.” They can give students access to applications.

The cost to participate is $25 for a team of five members. To register, email BSU at [email protected]. The deadline is May 5.

For more information, go to BSU’s Web site at www.wku.bsu.com.

Reach Megan Engle at [email protected].