WKU Study Abroad and Global Learning to host discussion, peer advising for International Education Week

Georgia Mallett

Lindsey Houchin, WKU’s coordinator of nationally competitive opportunities, informs a student of scholarships available for the WKU Study Abroad program at the annual Fall Study Abroad Fair on Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021.

Genesis Malone, News reporter

WKU Study Abroad and Global Learning is looking to celebrate International Education Week with in-person events. 

International Education week is an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide, according to the IEW website. 

IEW is a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education. This initiative encourages schools, colleges and universities to participate in this week and to celebrate and connect with their local communities. 

WKU Study Abroad and Global Learning will be celebrating with student features and giveaways on social media and three in-person events.

The list of events include pop-up peer advising, a discussion on studying abroad in a global pandemic and a serving of Moroccan mint tea with ‘Chai Chat.’

The pop-up peer advising will be held Monday Nov. 15 at the Colonnades from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and again on Tuesday Nov. 16 in DSU from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Students can join John Sunnygard, Associate Provost in a discussion about studying abroad amidst a pandemic on Thursday Nov. 18 in the HCIC Multipurpose Room at 2:30 p.m. 

Towards the end of the week, free Moroccan Mint Tea will be served at the Honors College in the Agora room on Thursday Nov. 18 at 3:30 p.m. 

WKU encourages students to stop by to learn study abroad options, grab free merchandise and enter into giveaways for WKU swag items. 

News reporter Genesis Malone can be reached at [email protected]