WKU to host 54th annual Student Scholar Showcase

WKU students from all across each of WKU’s campuses will have the opportunity to showcase activities from all different disciplines on Saturday, April 6 in Downing Student Union. 

This will be the 54th annual showcase held by WKU with the tradition originally starting in 1970.

Since its start, the showcase has provided thousands of students a platform to present what they’re most interested in while being mentored by WKU faculty and staff members. 

From archeology to chemistry, from psychology to mathematics, from journalism to sociology, the showcase has it all. 

Sessions will begin at 9:30 a.m. and continue until 3:30 p.m. with a short lunch break from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

The showcase will consist of 287 research and creative projects, 172 poster presentations and exhibits, 109 oral presentations and 6 performances, according to Sam Shemwell, outreach coordinator. 

According to WKU’s website, students will have the opportunity to share talks, performances, posters, exhibits and displays relating to their personal endeavors. 

Funding for the showcase has been provided by the Office of the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, along with the Office of Research and Creativity.  

The showcase will be open to anyone who would like to attend including students, colleagues and the general public.

A full itinerary for the showcase can be found here.

For any questions, students can contact the WKU Student Scholar Showcase Council at [email protected] or 270-745-6132.

News Reporter Kaylee Hawkins can be reached at [email protected].