BREAKING: Fraternity under investigation

Jacob Dick

WKU’s Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity is under investigation after an incident involving a member was reported to the Bowling Green Police Department, according to Charley Pride, director of Student Activities.

Pride said the Office of Student Activities would postpone any action towards the fraternity until more information was released from the investigation by Bowling Green Police.

“We are still waiting for more information to determine what kind of incident there was, or if there was an incident,” Pride said.

Pride also said any individuals involved would be investigated by the university’s Office of Student Conduct.

“It is under police investigation. We are cooperating with all authorities, and I am not at liberty to make further comments at this time,”  Jordan Barbagallo, president of the SAE KY Beta chapter, said.

An unrelated investigation into a fight on Sept. 17 that led to the hospitalization of 20-year-old Cory Johnson is still pending, but Pride said some information is being determined before action is taken.

“We have some witnesses in reports saying Sigma Nu is involved, but we want to make sure everything is clear,” Pride said. “We want to make sure we get this right.”

The Herald has reached out to director of Student Conduct Michael Crowe, but he has not responded at this time. 

The Herald will continue to update this story as it develops.