Jace Lux named director of Recruitment and Admissions

Trey Crumbie

Jace Lux has been named the director of Recruitment and Admissions and will assume his position on Aug. 11 of this year, according to an email from Brian Meredith, chief enrollment and graduation officer.

Lux had served as director of the forensics team since July 2010. 

The search for a new director of Recruitment and Admissions began on November 2013, after the previous director, Scott Gordon, was offered and accepted the position of special assistant to the dean within the graduate school program.

Sharon Hunter, coordinator of College Readiness, and Dale Brown, director of College and School Relations, served as co-directors for the Office of Admissions in the interim.

As director of Recruitment and Admissions, Lux will be responsible for “managing activities and developing a strategic action plan in order to meet enrollment targets for WKU undergraduate programs” and “developing and implementing recruitment plans and programs to achieve the university’s enrollment goals,” according to a job description available on WKU’s website.

WKU’s enrollment for the fall 2013 semester was 20,456 students, down from 21,124 students for the fall 2012 semester.

More information on Lux’s position can be found here: http://wku.edu/employment/documents/positions/999858c.pdf

The Herald will update this story as information follows.