SGA officers to be sworn in

Sarah Stukenborg

The newly elected executive members of the Student Government Association will officially be sworn into office at their end-of-the-year banquet on Tuesday.

Keyana Boka, SGA’s president-elect,  said she is looking forward to the banquet because it is being held at the new Augenstein Alumni Center, which she has had the chance to see.

“Many students haven’t seen it yet,” Boka said. “It’s very nice.”

Boka is looking forward to serving SGA as president, accomplishing the goals that SGA has and unifying SGA as a whole.

“I’m looking forward to pursuing the goals that myself and the executive and administrative vice presidents have,” Boka said.

She said the banquet is an annual event for SGA members, staff and faculty. 

“We have a meal together and kind of celebrate everything we’ve done for the year,” Boka said. 

Along with taking her presidential oath, Boka will also be passing off the torch of her current position as executive vice president to Mark Reeves, executive vice president-elect. 

“I think Mark will do a great job,” she said. “I look forward to working with him.”

Reeves, who is currently an SGA senator, is looking forward to taking his new position. 

“It’s an honor to serve the students,” Reeves said. “I’m looking forward to getting into the heart of the job and getting to work for the students.”

Reeves will be meeting with SGA members from other campuses at the end of May.

“I’m looking forward to using that opportunity to network,” he said.

He said the winners of the various SGA awards will be announced at the banquet as well.

Nicki Seay, the new administrative vice president, was sworn into office during SGA’s last meeting because she will not be able to attend the banquet.

Seay said she is excited to officially be administrative vice president and is looking forward to working with the other executive members.

“It’s definitely a new role for me and a new level of responsibility,” Seay said.

She said one of the most important parts of her new role is serving the students.

“I think throughout my year, the biggest thing for me will be making sure I serve the students first, and upholding the constitution and bylaws,” she said.

Seay said she is excited to work more directly with administrators and be better able to make an impact on the student body.

“I think we’ll have a good year,” she said.