Memorial to take place for deceased Glasgow student

Cameron Koch

WKU’s Glasgow campus will host a memorial service for a student found dead on campus.

The service for Glasgow sophomore Trina Lawson, 36, is in the Glasgow library at 2 p.m. on Thursday, according to a university press release.

Lawson was found dead early Friday afternoon on the regional campus.

Mandi Johnson, public information officer for the WKU Police Department, said the cause of death is currently unknown.

Barren County Coroner Mike Swift said physical trauma has been ruled out as a cause of death but that it would be four to six weeks before the autopsy report would be complete.

Swift said there was difficulty in notifying Lawson’s family because her emergency contact information as recorded by the university was incorrect.

“The school is merely the custodian of the information,” Swift said. “It falls to the students to make sure the school has the correct information.”

WKU Media Relations sent out a text alert around 2:30 p.m. on Friday informing students that classes on the Glasgow campus were canceled for the remainder of the day as the Glasgow Police Department and the Barren County Coroner’s Office investigated the scene.

WKU Counseling Services were available at Glasgow campus on Monday to offer help to students and staff who wanted to talk about Lawson, according to WKU public media.