WKU names new director of Health Services

Tessa Duvall

After more than six months of searching, WKU announced a new executive director of Health Services on Thursday.

Vicky Rosa, the director of Butler University Health Services in Indianapolis for 13 years, will officially begin at WKU on Monday.

Rosa said in a WKU news release that she was attracted to WKU because of the many offerings Health Services provides.

“College health has allowed me to bring together all of my experiences as a (registered nurse) and health administrator to provide health and wellness to our students,” Rosa said in the release.

While at Butler, Rosa collaborated with the Student Government Association to raise funds for health services and to begin a Human Papillomavirus awareness program on campus, according to the release.

At an open forum with WKU faculty and staff in May, Rosa told the audience she planned to maintain an open-door policy with staff and students to promote communication as well as collaborate with people in other departments on campus.

The executive director position became available in January when former director Libby Greaney left WKU after more than 16 years for a similar position at Boise State University in Boise, Idaho.

In January, Mead told the Board of Regents that she hoped to have the position filled following a nationwide search.