WKU promotes Ray to Glasgow Campus director spot

Jonathan Lintner

WKU on Wednesday named Sally Ray, assistant dean of Potter College, as its Glasgow Campus director as well as associate dean of the University College.

Ray said in a university press release that WKU-Glasgow “is well positioned to become the premier regional campus among Kentucky’s public institutions.”

Ray begins her new job on May 9, according to the release, and will succeed James McCaslin, interim director. McCaslin has been the interim since July 1, 2010, following Juanita Bayless’ retirement after more than 20 years at WKU-Glasgow.

Ray said she hopes to build enrollment, promote faculty and student achievements, as well as strengthen WKU’s relationship with the Glasgow community.

“Dr. Ray…is well equipped to lead faculty, staff and students toward the achievement of our vision for the WKU-Glasgow campus,” said Dennis George, dean of the University College, in the release.

Ray will take over a growing campus.

Bryan Russell, director of Planning, Design and Construction, told the Herald in February that WKU is in the planning stages of expanding the Glasgow Campus.

“There is a need at Glasgow,” Russell said. “They were full when we opened on the first day.”

Ray has a doctoral degree from Wayne State, master’s degree from Eastern Michigan and bachelor’s degree from Morehead State.

Before she worked as assistant dean of Potter College, Ray was head of the Department of Communication, Speech Communication Area Coordinator and a faculty member.