PTS hosting photo contest for next year’s parking pass

Katherine Wade

Students may get a chance to see their photograph on an upcoming parking permit design by participating in a Parking and Transportation Services photo contest.

The winning photos will be used on at least one of 16 different parking permit categories, according to a university press release. Any enrolled WKU student is welcome to enter a maximum of two photos.

Lori Kostiuk, communications and advertising specialist for PTS, said she usually designs the parking permits but wanted to involve students this year.

“We wanted to open it up to students so they could have an input,” she said. “It also gives them an opportunity to be creative with the campus and their photography.”

Entries must be submitted in color and in digital format to the PTS website by Friday.

All photos must be taken on WKU-owned property within the past three years. The four contest categories are campus landmarks, scenery/landscape, wildlife and agriculture/farm.

The photos will be judged based on “creativity, photographic quality, and effectiveness in conveying the beauty and/or unique spirit of Western Kentucky University,” according to the PTS website.

The judging panel will consist of professionals in graphic design, website design, marketing and public relations.

Kostiuk said the prizes for winners will include gift certificates, Bluetooth headsets and solar cell phone chargers.