WKU Track & Field’s Ogorek earns C-USA All-Academic Team honors

Credit: WKU Athletics

Freshman Nicole Ogorek attempts a pole vault at the Hilltopper Relays on April 6 at the Ruter Track and Field Complex. Ogorek placed 8th.

Jake Moore, Sports Editor

WKU Track & Field senior pole vaulter Nikki Ogorek became the first Hilltopper named to the Conference USA Women’s Track & Field All-Academic Team under the tenure of Director of Cross Country/Track & Field Brent Chumbley, the league announced on Wednesday.

The Bloomington, Indiana native maintained a 4.0 GPA across her senior year, double-majoring in Visual Arts and User Experience with a minor in Digital Advertising. Ogorek has found herself on the WKU President’s List every semester she has attended WKU.

Ogorek serves as co-chair of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee and received the Female Community Outreach TOPSY award in 2021 for her work.

The pole vaulter set a season-best mark of 3.58 meters at the 2021 Conference USA Outdoor Championships and competed in all 10 events for WKU Track & Field between both the indoor and outdoor seasons.

The full list of honorees can be found here.

Sports Editor Jake Moore can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @Charles_JMoore.