Williams and Mosely qualify for NCAA East Preliminary, Mosley and Barton earn All-Conference honors

Credit: WKU Athletics

Senior Marlowe Mosley running in the 2020 Conference USA Indoor Track and Field Championships on Feb. 22, 2020 at the Birmingham Crossplex.

Jake Moore, Sports Editor

Two members of the WKU Track & Field program, sophomore sprinter Alexis Williams and graduate student sprinter Marlowe Mosely, have qualified for the NCAA Championship East Region Preliminary on May 26 in Jacksonville, Florida. 

Mosley will compete in both the 200 and 400-meter races. He is currently seeded no. 46 in the 200-meter (20.94) thanks to a personal record and no. 22 in the 400 (46.23). 

Williams will run in the 200-meter event. The Fayetteville, Georgia native was originally ranked no. 51 in the region in the 200 but now ranks no. 31 entering the preliminary. 

Mosley will run in both of his events on Wednesday, May 26, with the 400-meter event beginning at  6:25 p.m. CT and the 200-meter at 7:45 p.m. CT. Williams will run in the 200-meter on Thursday, May 27 at 7:45 p.m. CT.

If either of the sprinters advance in their events, they will compete in their respective quarterfinals which will be held on Friday and Saturday. If either of the two finish in the top three or have one of the six next-fastest times in the quarterfinal they will earn a spot in the NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championship in Eugene, Oregon on June 9-12.

Mosley and freshman thrower Kaison Barton also earned Conference USA All-Conference Team honors, with Mosely selected to represent the men’s third team and Barton the second. 

Sports Editor Jake Moore can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @Charles_JMoore.