Gray’s bat, outfield defense earn All-Conference Second Team nod

Jake Moore, Sports Editor

WKU sophomore Jackson Gray has been named to the Conference USA Baseball All-Second Team, the league announced on Tuesday. Gray is the 10th Hilltopper to earn a C-USA All-Conference nod since WKU joined the league in 2015.

The transfer from College of DuPage leads his team with a .357 batting average and also holds the best slugging percentage mark on the roster (.455). Gray has tabbed 60 hits over his 49 games played, all of them starts, to lead the team. His seven home runs tie senior Ray Zuberer III for the team lead. 

Gray currently ranks third in all of C-USA in batting average and fourth in OBP. The outfielder’s performance during WKU’s first sweep of Marshall on April 9-11 earned the Wheaton, Illinois native Conference USA Hitter of the Week honors the week of April 12. He slashed .700/.750/1.100 during those four games with seven hits, a home run and a double.

Gray has been perfect so far this season in the outfield, compiling a perfect fielding percentage with 104 putouts to go along with five assists.

Gray and the rest of the Hilltoppers will take the field on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. CT against Southern Mississippi for their first taste of action in the 2021 Air Force Reserve Conference USA Baseball Championship in Ruston, Louisiana.

The full All-Conference selections can be found here.

Sports Editor Jake Moore can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @Charles_JMoore.