WKU President Caboni named Vice Chair of C-USA Executive Committee

Jack Dobbs/HERALD

WKU President Timothy Caboni held a press conference on May 28, where he outlined how the fall 2020 semester will look with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Jake Moore, Sports Editor

WKU President Dr. Timothy C. Caboni was named vice chair to the Conference USA Board of Directors Executive Committee during the league’s summer meetings, the conference announced on Wednesday.

This is Caboni’s second selection as he was named to the Executive Committee in the Summer of 2019 as well.

The presidents of each C-USA member schools serve on the Conference USA Board of Directors. The members of the Executive Committee are tasked with setting league policies for all conference participants.

“I am honored to have been elected vice chair of the Conference USA Executive Committee,” Caboni said in a press release. “After the past year, we have an even greater appreciation for the importance collegiate athletics has as a part of the total college experience for our students and student-athletes as well as community outreach and engagement.”

“Being a part of Conference USA has elevated our national exposure and I look forward to working in this leadership role with other committee members in charting the league’s future.”

WKU Director of Athletics Todd Stewart congratulated Caboni on his selection, expressing his trust in the president’s leadership and vision.

“The Executive Committee’s selection of President Caboni as Vice Chair validates the respect he has garnered throughout Conference USA,” Stewart said in a release. “Dr. Caboni’s leadership over the last two years on the Executive Committee has positively impacted the league during a crucial time for intercollegiate athletics while also enabling WKU to have a vital seat at the table on the conference’s most relevant matters.”

Caboni recently completed his fourth year as university president and has overseen projects such as the Summer Scholars program, the Intercultural Student Engagement Center Academy, the Burch Institute, the First Year Village and the WKU Commons at Helm Library.

Sports Editor Jake Moore can be reached at [email protected] Follow him on Twitter @Charles_JMoore.