Lady Topper Cate earns C-USA 2021 Spring Spirit of Service Award

Credit: WKU Athletics

WKU Lady topper forward Ansley Cate (20) advance towards the box while being defended by Louisiana Tech Forward Kaylee Zettler (22) during the game at the WKU Soccer Complex on Sunday Sept. 29, 2019.

Jake Moore, Sports Editor

Conference USA announced the winners of its annual Spring Spirit of Service Award on Tuesday. The award serves to recognize one student-athlete from each of the conference’s 14 members that participates in significant community service projects, remains in good academic standing and excels in athletics.

WKU Women’s Soccer’s Ansley Cate received the award for Western Kentucky for her volunteer help at House on the Hill, which provides food for families in need, as well as her participation in the United Soccer Coaches’ Soccer Against Hunger Initiative, which helped distribute food to food banks during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Cate received a United Soccer Coaches Player of Distinction award earlier this week. The Paris, Tennessee native scored the fourth-most Hilltopper goals during the season (2) including a game-winner against Marshall on March 18.

The full list of honorees can be found here.

Sports Editor Jake Moore can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @Charles_JMoore.